A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Thursday, December 14, 2006

I should be hiding under the bed around about now.

Men I am hopelessly, irrevocably and, in pretty much every case, embarrassingly attracted to.

Jimmy Carr,

Stephen Fry.

Craig Charles.

Alan Davies.

Jonathan Ross.

Yukihiro Hyde.

Rhys Thomas.

Will Self.

Llife’s confusing, isn’t it? Like, how to tell if the milks off, or is it the week for the recycling to be collected. How to tell if you’re awake or not, or, my main concern this week, working out the breed of bloke you fancy.
Sexual desire is a pernicious thing, far too dependent on no more than the angle of a smile or turn of phrase, and frequently completely independent of any of the other qualities you would generally desire in a lover. I have male friends who are absolutely wonderful; funny, cute, clever - everything you could possibly want in a boyfriend. So, thinking beyond the obvious (i.e. I’m a fool) why does the thought of sleeping with them make me shudder and want to hide under the bed?

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 14 December, 2006 20:24 , Blogger Clarissa said...

    Jesus, you said it sister! The raise of an eyebrow can be so alluring! The lilt in a voice. The 'total package' can make me yawn but the littlest thing make me weak at the knees! Why should we have to pick just one?!!

     
  • At 15 December, 2006 04:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Whoo! Stephen Fry! Hot.

     
  • At 15 December, 2006 05:24 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My holiday shopping secret is this: I eliminated a lot of people from my gift list. Being a scrooge does have its benefits at times. Also I usually do all my christmas shopping christmas eve, so this is a reformed year for me. :) The kiwi dream sounds interesting... I'm intrigued!

    I find it odd as well that I will have perfectly lovely male friends but I never want them. Perfect on paper guys never interest me either. I like quirks.

     
  • At 15 December, 2006 10:39 , Blogger Megan said...

    My best friend is everything I have always wanted in a boyfriend, and the thought of sex with him causes me to grimace in disgust. I like to think that this reaction is due to the sibling-like relationship that we have.

     
  • At 29 December, 2006 00:26 , Blogger Unknown said...

    It has to be said, you girls are strange creatures!

     
  • At 03 January, 2007 15:07 , Blogger The Boy said...

    Cough, excuse a momentary delurking

    There's some interesting research recently. Says that both sexes can "smell" pheromones which have DNA overtones. Supposedly it queues in if the other partner would be a good "baby" maker when mixed with our own set of genes.

    Isn't all of the chemistry answer, but might say why someone we like is a complete sexual turn off.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home