A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Friday, November 24, 2006

A handful of days before Stuart abandoned me in favour of Australia, I spent the afternoon with Alice, as she helped me keep away from Stuart's place, and, more importantly, guys day.
"Whats your plan for the day babe? A few of the guys are coming over later, if you fancy stopping in with us?"
"Guys day? I think I'll give it a miss. Thanks though."

Ten minutes later: "Alice! What're your plans for today? Nothing? Good. It's 'guys day', and I need someone to play with."
"What, you don't want to stay in with the guys?"
"Now why on earth would I want to do that?"
"However will they cope without someone's tag along girlfriend there to hand round the beer and order pizza?"

Nine hours later: "Thanks for rescuing me Alice. I'll see you Monday, yeah?"

Ten minutes later: "Hey! Hows it going?" *wades through discarded cans, bottles and cardboard pizza boxes to kiss Stuart hello*
"Oh, hey there missy."
"Imogen!"
"Yo, hows it hangin'?"
"Hey doll!"
"Alright Im?"
"Alright sunshine?"
"Hiya stranger!"

*Everyone turns back to the game, except Stuart*

"I like your hair babe... what colours have you had done?"
"Pink, blue, purple I think. He got a bit carried away. So it's a keeper?"
"Sure thing" *pauses* "Can you pass me a beer? Fridge, bottom corner." *passes beer wordlessly* "hey, does anyone else want another beer?" *noises of assent from all round*
"Babe? Could you get that?"

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home