A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Saturday, November 04, 2006

One of my minor characters is trying to take my plot hostage.

In other news, I can't decide whether to make my main character a member of boykind or girlkind. Girlkind will stop me from subconsciously hijacking a character from one of my favourite novels of all time, but boykind will set things up for a series of exchanges that I really, really want to put in.
But, if I make Nevin a her, I can describe pretty clothes and girly colours. It's a tough call, although I guess I could make him pretty lavender, which would solve the clothing problem...

Number of cigarettes smoked: 36
Number of said smokes shared: 28
Number of cakes baked: 4
Number of times I've checked in here: far too many to count.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home