A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Packs smoked: 1
Hours been awake: 2
Hours spent procrastinating: 2
Minutes spent panicking: 4
Amount of times I've read the words "to be on target I must have written 9,000 words by Friday evening": 7
Number of minutes before Stuart gets fed up of me whining and kicks me out on my ear: I have my bets on ten.

It's looking increasingly likely I'll have to start posting my pathetic scraps of novel just to keep on track- so, this evening I plan to post a goodly chunk.

To be on target by the end of today I must have written eleven thousand words.

Fuck that.

2 Comments:

  • At 04 November, 2006 19:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Imogen. I did it a 3 or 4 years back, and 'won'. I tried again the following year and lost. The failure sent me into a nose dive from which I am now recovering. Ok, well not quite. Good luck to you! xx, c

     
  • At 04 November, 2006 19:50 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Thanks for the luck, I'll take everything I can get in that direction :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home