A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

I'm in a bit of a snit, because I got my first rude comment. And no comments afterwards. And it was a post about my current neuroses, and the bitchy remark made me more neurotic (yes, it's true I don't deserve Joel, I believe I said that in a slightly wordier fashion. And please, write I not i, otherwise I will be forced to hate you and laugh and laugh until you arrive in the special circle of hell reserved for people who don't capitalise the first person singular). Which all makes perfect sense, yes? Oh, and Blogger's been a bitch.

I have a Batman action figurine who travels everywhere with me- as in, he moves house when I do, rather than I keep him in my handbag for emergencies. Actually, what kind of emergencies would those be? Theo is very attracted to this toy; presumably because I stupidly told him it was off limits, so he keeps filching it from under my nose when my attention is focused elsewhere.
Because, while I am on holiday and have nothing better to do, I haven't quite reached the stage where I obsess about the whereabouts of one of my toys. Ahem, ornaments. Models. Collectors items. *gives up*

This Batman toy is the most flexible figurine I've ever met- and I've been disillusioned in this field ever since I broke my Barbie's legs during a fit of boredom in the back of the car on a trip to the seaside. But Batman is not only poseable, he's also a very stalwart guardian- currently he's set to guarding the printer; presumably that's where Theo was when his fickle-o-meter ticked away from him.
The printer being on the floor, Batman has discovered a new nemesis. The cats, who artlessly topple him from his perch with a flick of their tails.

It's tough being a superhero when you're only six inches tall.

9 Comments:

  • At 13 September, 2006 01:30 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i can't believe you took a post down because of a mean comment!
    Tut. No backbone. i rather think your mother calls that sort of thing 'no moral stamina', doesn't she?

    i adore you anyway, even if that randomer doesn't. Now, the question i've been dying to ask, whats this about you and Joel? Why didn't i know!???

    i must. call me.

    x x x x x

     
  • At 13 September, 2006 02:17 , Blogger Imogen said...

    I am not, as such, in a good mood.

    And thats not only because I got some badly written abuse, but also because Theo's fallen asleep in my lap and I have to work out how to get us both out of this chair while wearing five inch heels. And I can't wake him up, either. I've been trying.

    I might just push him on the floor and go make myself some hot chocolate.

     
  • At 13 September, 2006 10:21 , Blogger Megan said...

    I don't know you at all, but I read your last post and wanted to say hat I thought it was beautifully written. Don't worry about one person who feels the need to write a poorly written insult. The number of people who appreciate your posts is far greater than the few who do not.

     
  • At 13 September, 2006 18:28 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fine, don't rise to my attempt at provocation then!

    Being on holiday comme tu I don't have much to do either hence trying to cheer you up.

    Good thiings-
    - there's a coffee bar within 10 minutes of my flat, no matter what direction I walk in
    - I just got paid
    - there's a small child playing outside, She's wearing a yellow dress and playing with a red ball bigger than her head
    - this post made me spit coffee all over the keyboard. A sign of success
    - I've just seen the 'K-Fed' video. He's hilarious. Who else could rhyme the word 'stop' with 'drop' ? or 'car' with 'star'?


    Anyone else?

     
  • At 14 September, 2006 00:39 , Blogger Imogen said...

    *tumbleweed*

    You strange, strange child, Toby. I'm actually feeling rather chipper now- it fluctuates, yes?

    Megan? Thank you.

     
  • At 14 September, 2006 10:39 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    * tuts *

    Ohh. I didn't get to see the removed post. Couldn't you have just deleted the rude comment?

    Or better yet, set Batman on the commenter's trail, track him/her down and dispense 6" high plastic toy (model, figurine etc) justice on him/her?

    And, Congratulations on the new job (whether you want it or not :) )!

    P.S. Toby? 'i' was provoked by your lack of capitalism! (I was going to write "'i' rose to your attempt at provocation" but decided it looked a little too much like innuendo. Ha!

    Love, IDV xx

     
  • At 14 September, 2006 13:08 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Too much like innuendo?
    Never!

    Love T x x x

     
  • At 14 September, 2006 13:56 , Blogger Clarissa said...

    Oh, how I've missed you. First you were on holidays, then I lost most access to the internet. A temporary ostracision (hee hee).

    Anyway:

    1. congrats on the job
    2. eff the insulting commenter
    3. is your Batman figurine really Joel?

     
  • At 15 September, 2006 02:52 , Blogger Dinah said...

    I was wondering where the post went! I quite liked it and thought it was really great.

    I hope you're feeling good now.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home