A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Thursday, August 31, 2006

"Yeah, she was actually really rude. She rang at dawn to yell "You gave my son tonsillitis!" down the phone at me."
"Doesn't she realise her son had a hand in his own downfall?"
"Apparently not. Oh, god, you're going to say it, aren't you. Look, I have to g--"
"--Or a tongue?"

Someone I've only mentioned in passing is now due to get their own post. Last weekend I went out, got rather drunk on banana shots and then categorically informed someone that while yes, I did have tonsillitis, the doctor had said it was non-contagious.

Under a certain, very narrow set of circumstances I can lie like a champion.

And he believed me. Frankly, people quite that stupid deserve all they get. Would you have believed me?

Predictably, he's now poorly too, and doesn't like me very much.

Hilariously, neither does his mother, who called me to tell me so.

I'm twenty, and people are still telling my mother on me.
Only in Cheshire.

4 Comments:

  • At 31 August, 2006 14:11 , Blogger Devine Dora said...

    I can't believe his mother called you??? How old was this guy - 12? What a tool!!!

    (I'm glad you gave it to him, even though you were non-contagious and obviously not at fault)

     
  • At 31 August, 2006 22:55 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    OMG! You kissed a 'mother's boy'! The shame!

    Nearly as shameful as excessively using exclamation marks!

    Damn it!

    Bugger.

    * phew *

     
  • At 31 August, 2006 23:24 , Blogger Dinah said...

    What a loser. So glad to go to school in a city where no one knows me.

     
  • At 31 August, 2006 23:35 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Dinah, if I was at uni this wouldn't have happened- London's great, because while I am a complete lightweight it's big enough that my little indiscretions don't go any further than they have to.
    Whereas where my mother lives, everyone knows everyone.
    And I get into trouble a lot.

    And IDV? Before this morning I'd have said 'I've kissed worse people' but then all this palaver came about, and I've elevated Mummies Boys to the top of my To Avoid list.
    So they're now on a par with spiders.

    *pauses*

    Is noone going to tell me to get well soon?
    *Cough. Sniffle.*

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home