A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

This evening I have to create a CV.

This is posing a problem, as I have no relevant employment history- being a Christmas Elf for Lush notwithstanding.

And no hobbies to speak of, as I have been informed that getting drunk, dancing on the occasional table, sleeping with most of the more beautiful people I meet, satisfying each and everyone of my hopeless addictions, putting myself first, falling off my high heels, behaving like the arrogant yet insecure thespian I am, writing the odd article for the local rag, watching too much anime, pretending to be Carrie Bradshaw, being an inactive member of Amnesty International and capitalising on the credit I got from them when I was sixteen, being posh and just generally being a brazen hussy are not things I should inform potential employers about. If I want them to hire me.

I wouldn't hire me, to be fair.

I have an interview tomorrow.

Which is a good start, finance wise.

6 Comments:

  • At 05 September, 2006 21:39 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'd hire you babe just because I want to be in constant proximity to the person who once said "so can you see out of glass eyes?"
    No.
    "So they're just for show then? That's quite vain really, isn't it?"
    Such rubbish you do spout.

    xxxx

     
  • At 05 September, 2006 23:10 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Yes, but really, why should people with only one eye be any different from the rest of us, vanity wise?

    And I was asking a relevant question. It must be possible in theory. Mustn't it?

     
  • At 06 September, 2006 10:07 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    Ooh, good luck with the interview, if it's not too late (to wish good luck, not because you've blown it, or anything).

    It sounds like you do lots of charity work, freelance writer/journalist, study & practice performance art and are an experienced networker...

    There. Plenty of things for your CV ;)

     
  • At 06 September, 2006 12:04 , Blogger Devine Dora said...

    Ohhh IDV you put it into such CV "friendly" terms. And really, who hasn't lied on a CV to fill in the gaps and make yourself seem like you're a team-player.

    I'm still laughing about Amnesty International. Mainly because I did once think about putting it on a CV and then realised I didn't want to seem like I cared too much. I think that makes me a bad person...

     
  • At 06 September, 2006 17:09 , Blogger Clarissa said...

    Let us know how it went!

     
  • At 08 September, 2006 23:35 , Blogger Unknown said...

    How'dit go?

    Strange, I had the same problem a few weeks ago! But now i'm working at my first job for about 1p per hour, give or take a pound!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home