A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

You are cordially invited, the invitation read, to my twentieth birthday party, to be held at ***** Farm. Directions and travel information will be proved once I receive replies. You are all welcome to stay the night as I realise transport may be a problem; however due to limited farmhouse space you will be requested to sleep in the surrounding barns. Blankets will be provided if the night turns cold.

Last time I slept in a barn I managed to manouver myself under a tractor in my sleep and woke-up covered in a layer of oil and cobwebs, with many legged things crawling over me.

And I overslept.

6 Comments:

  • At 25 July, 2006 22:29 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Is that supposed to be an invitation? more like a buggeroffation to me. Balls to that one, I say.

     
  • At 26 July, 2006 09:02 , Blogger Clarissa said...

    Lady Muck has a way with words! Buggeroffation. Very well put!

     
  • At 26 July, 2006 09:37 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Very well put, and you've hit the nail on the poverbial head.

    I'm not going- not only because of the barn thing, but also because it sounds just that bit too Sloaney, and these things must be avoided at all costs.

     
  • At 26 July, 2006 12:28 , Blogger Snooze said...

    I dunno - it sounds awfully generous of them to offer to supply blankets if the night turns cold. True humanitarians.

     
  • At 16 August, 2006 20:34 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

     
  • At 26 April, 2007 09:33 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it rechargeable batteries

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home