A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Would you like to know what I've spent my whole afternoon doing?

Of course you do. No, really.

Skirt?

No, trousers.

Skirt.

Dress?

Trousers.

No, dress.

Which shoes?

Is black lipstick going too far?


But now I'm ready and blogging so I'm not tempted to go back and get changed again. I have so much black eye make-up on that blinking's beginning to feel like an aerobics class and I still have to work out how to leave the house without my Mother seeing me, as I look not unlike a person who's favours are somewhat purchasable.

I'm actually looking forward to this partybash; it's like being fifteen again- back in the day, every house party had a theme; ice princess, fish, regression, flora, 70s, morning, regency, rock, 1984.

Oh, and there's one with an Austrian theme coming up in about two weeks, which should be hilarious- think, The Sound of Music.

Lederhosen ahoy!

And Heidi. Heidi's set in Austria, right?

Wrong? Pray tell.

But moving on. I shall report back in detail, and share snack stories- the fish party came with fishfingers and carrots artfully carved into vague fish shapes, and this party is being held by the guy who hosted that one.
And after that partybash they were picking up bits of fishfinger from the chandeliers for weeks; I have high expectations for tonight- I mean, what will the snacksies be?
Severed dolls heads with that fake blood stuff you get at Hallowe'en? Or raw leg of lamb with ready prepared teeth marks?

The possibilities are endless.

6 Comments:

  • At 13 July, 2006 21:09 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    Hello darling!

    Heidi = Switzerland. But I'm sure Austria is just over that Alp. She could be there in no time!

    Have fun tonight. Glad you chose black with a hint of black. Goes with anything. Even (shock horror) black! Have your incisors ready for that neck lunge. Heck, forget the neck, anywhere will do!

     
  • At 13 July, 2006 22:53 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    IDV you hussy, don't encourage her!
    Or was that a werewolf tip?

    Love Txxx

     
  • At 14 July, 2006 20:48 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    Whoops! I guess it's too late now, Toby?

    And, no. Not a werewolf tip, but I do know a few, so I know what they're like.

    Love, IDV xx

     
  • At 15 July, 2006 04:22 , Blogger Devine Dora said...

    Ohhhh an Austrian theme. The only thing I can think of that is Austrian is yodelling. I think it was from a song I learnt in school....anyway, hope you enjoy/enjoyed the party. I can't get damn time zones right....

     
  • At 16 July, 2006 04:07 , Blogger Dinah said...

    Sounds like fun, hope you had a great time. And I need details on what the snacks where like.

     
  • At 22 July, 2006 06:56 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home