A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Current affairs

Due to an unfortunate incident just before my own birth, whereby my heavily pregnant mother was stuck in the smokers carriage on a train to Carmarthen, I've been seriously handicappped throughout my life.

You see, the problem is I have no music taste to speak of.
Bad is simply unacceptable.

The point here, of course, is that I'm in a thoroughly Eeyore mood and have been on and off for many many days now. Well, since Thursday. My current favourite musical supergroup the loveGods (google them, I'm too lazy to do the whole linkability shennanigans- ie, I still don't know how) were meant to be playing the Borderline Thursday night. Got all glammed up, wandered round the streets in the constant drizzle and in the sub-zero temperatures, and for what?
They'd bloody pulled out.
There was more material in the umbrella I was driven to begging off the slightly overwhelmed stranger I found staring at the tube map in blind panic- well do I remember that feeling- than there was in my entire outfit; the umbrella was simply enormous. By grouping together in a manner not unlike that of schoolyard bullies (although from the amount of arms around my waist they'd have to be very gay schoolyard bullies) we managed to fit five of us under the stripy brolly.
And thus we were saved from death by excess hair frizzage.

Admittedly it wasn't quite the loveGods' fault; not only are they splitting up ("we still love each other!") their lead singer ("we're having musical differences!") was also having visa issues and was turned back at the gates.
With pitchforks and flaming torches, possibly.

Their website has yet to be updated, but according to the lovely gentlemen at the Borderline, they're returning next month. I have tickets, and if they don't play I'll be thoroughly fucked off- it's their farewell tour.
You'll all hear about it.

Fingers crossed, eh?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home