A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Friday, January 27, 2006

Too Much of Not Necessarily Good Things

Its 10am. I've been awake for a grand total of two hours. And so far I have eaten-

* half a tub of strawberry ice cream.
* a bowl of pasta and tuna.
* half a bar of toblerone.
* two apples, an orange and a kiwi fruit.
* a wedge of chocolate cake, with cream.
* a slice of left over pizza.
* two mugs of Shreddies.
* too many choclate digestives to count.

As my lovely Alec flatmate put it: "Just who on earth binge eats chocolate gateau ?"
Not me, gov'nor.

But is it any suprise I feel poorly? Not in the least- thats more than I eat most days; and today is still young.
I may have to brave the gym once again, if this whole binge eating thing carries on. Not the same gym, obviously enough, after the embarassment of last week- I feel I definitely get my best workout in bed; its simple maths- I started uni a size 12, I'm now an eight (and this isn't solely due to my penchant for buying shoes over food. Priorities, priorities..).
Theres a reason why people who aren't getting laid are fat- and I mean hugely fat people, like my step mother, who's currently at the size 28 level.
But, jokes aside, I'll more on her another time- she's something of a grandiose topic.

I'm also having trouble facing traipsing down to the launderette, which means I have no clean knickers, and am now faced with a dilemma. Which is the most slatternly activity; wearing clothes and leaving the flat without knickers, or staying indoors in pyjamas all day?
I think the former, as my newly limited wardrobe is not just limited to me having no clean knickers- I also have no clean jeans and it's windy out there.

8 Comments:

  • At 27 January, 2006 00:11 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ahhh, the binge. Am currently enjoying a week long binge, as my gym membership doesn't start till next week, cue many creme eggs (tis the season oh yes) followed by a pain au chocolat maybe a bagel and two bowls of cereal...
    PS Have to reverted to funny things knickers method on toxic soup yet? If you're past those stages already, bribe some poor soul into making the trip for ya! LOL ;-)

     
  • At 27 January, 2006 00:12 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    *'have to' should read: 'have you', sorry!

     
  • At 27 January, 2006 08:59 , Blogger Fuckkit said...

    Creme Eggs! You sod, Muck, I'd conveniently forgotten about them.

    Who binges and is still a size 8? *slaps* ;)

     
  • At 27 January, 2006 13:44 , Blogger Lee said...

    Oh you *have* to go out. In a fur coat. Nothing else.

    We would worship you even more if you did.

     
  • At 29 January, 2006 16:22 , Blogger B said...

    If it makes you feel better, I once ate an entire bag of hersey kisses just to see how big of a tin foil ball I could make with the wrappers.....




    And over here, a skiball machine is this minature little bowling arcade game where you get nine heavy wooden balls and you roll them up the ramp, trying to get them to go into the wholes that have different point values. More points = more tickets. More tickets = free shots at the bars here in this stupid college town that I live in.

     
  • At 30 January, 2006 18:54 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    I don't see anything wrong in binge eating chocolate gateaux (yes I know that's plural!). At least you had some fruit too. No one else I know whould eat fruit *and* cake.

    You're so healthy...

     
  • At 30 January, 2006 22:18 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Lady Muck- eww no! It did occur to me and I rejected it immediately. This is, of course, before I realised I had a job interview and absolutely had to leave the house.
    Desperate times, eh?

    Fuckkit- *cowers* be nice, it won't last.

    Lee- task accomplished. Well, it was a trenchcoat, but we can't have everything, right? And there's a first time for everything- I got to sit in the laundrette wearing nothing but the coat, and I nearly knocked myself out going down the stairs. But we'll call that my punishment for being such a slattern, and leave it at that, shall we?

    Inexplicable DeVice- I love you! But its not quite so very healthy, cos the fruit is normal breakfast; everything else just sort of.. I don't know, I've no excuse for it. It may have just been a reaction to all the dieting thats going on around me.

     
  • At 09 February, 2006 03:03 , Blogger Snooze said...

    Size 8? Man, that's a size 6 over here. I'm very impressed.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home