A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Princessa

My unreasonably beautiful Sophie flatmate has a cat! Its a rescue kitten, and horribly horribly tough; it pushed me off the couch this afternoon, but I gather institutionalised creatures are forced to fight for their space; I would have warned her about this, but she seems to have forgotten to tell any of us. Suprisingly, impossible Alec flatmate has taken to it, and she's given him the rather dubious honour of naming the creature- something he's decided to delay til tomorrow, as we're all feeling somewhat delicate today.
Last night was the fabulous fancy dress party thats been looming all week; we all spent yesterday day in a last minute costume related panic; a panic well fuelled by me, as I'd lost my pink sparkly princess hat*. By 8pm even I was ready to go, by 10 we were burning sugar cubes over glasses of absinthe- the universal appeal of something quite as evil as absinthe finally ceased to amaze me after learning this little trick.
I'm from a teeny tiny rural backwater in Cheshire, ok? I was late learning the tricks that make certain strains of alcohol bearable.
By midnight we were having our hearts deepest desires answered by a magic 8 ball, and at 4am I kissed the wrong person in farewell**, and I now have a new- very very short- admirer; he came to visit earlier, but I managed to avoid his amorous advances with the aid of the Beautiful Sophie.
Although the he scores mucho brownie points, because he came visiting bearing a box of princess themed chocolates.


*My childhood love affair with all things pink and sparkly never really ended.
**I'm still not entirely sure how I managed to do this, as he was wearing a fake beard one could lose my princess hat in.

2 Comments:

  • At 19 February, 2006 12:47 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    > by 10 we were burning sugar cubes over glasses of absinthe <

    I've never heard of this either. But then I'm from a rural backwater too. SOunds like a spell to me...

    So, who's the dwarf?

     
  • At 19 February, 2006 13:52 , Blogger Fuckkit said...

    Did you check the beard for the sparkly hat coz you don't know how long this guy has been stalking you for...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home