A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Axl Rose has just been released from prison, after biting a hotel security guard.

I love love that!

I'm posting about this is partly from self interest- Dora and Tina, I commented over at yours last night, did you get it? I think Blogger might not like me and my radical changes to the blog entrusted to me.... anyhow, the point is, I told a watered down version of this story then, but I'm now about to tell the story of that time when I got barred from The Metro Club.
Again, but in a little more detail.

Just a little, because I can't seem to quite remember the details in, well, detail.


I met a gentleman friend, and some people were being snarky and just so suggestive- I think we even got a wolf whistle. The bouncer told us we might want to get out of there, and I was admittedly, probably quite rude.

And so, I bit him.

And then we got kicked out, and also barred. But they don't really seem to care so much about that. I'm quite attached to the Met Club, it's a fave haunt.

Which reminds me of another bedtime story today (yes, it's still on the biting theme) but I'll tell it later- there's even audience participation!

Toby x x

6 Comments:

  • At 28 June, 2006 23:06 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    Oof! Sorry I'm late. Just extricated myself from a filing cabinet at work. There I was, innocently trying to get my legs around my neck when a hamstring gave up the ghost. My leg snapped back around whacking into a baffleboard, spinning me in my chair across the room where I was deposited quite unladylike into the bottom drawer of a filing cabinet that some thoughtless clod had left open.

    Unfortunately, this happened when everyone had gone home (I wanted to try it in private) so I struggled in the drawer until the cleaners came in an hour later. By that time, I'd just about managed to wriggle free. Just about.

    Edna tapped me on the back as I was pulling my head free of the drop files. "Are you all right, love?" she said.
    "Oh yes, quite well thank you" I replied. "Just looking for... umm..." I grabbed the nearest thing I could find "this!" I said, triumphantly holding up a little paper circle from the hole puncher.
    She obviously thought I was quite mad.

    Anyway. Back to you.

    Biting, eh? Very rock and roll. I hope he was clean?

    Love, IDV xx

     
  • At 29 June, 2006 00:18 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Oooh but the guilt! Has the hamstring had full vigour and flexibility restored?
    I love the useless lunge for the paper circle. Is Edna going to be getting a Christmas bonus this year?

    I'm lead to suspect he was very clean (as I felt rather grubby and small after being, ah, ejected), but after an evening on the red wine I was hardly in a position to judge. Or more frankly, care.

    Love T x x x

     
  • At 29 June, 2006 10:19 , Blogger Devine Dora said...

    ARRGGGHHHH!!!! We didn't get the message...and I (Dora) am pissed because your story has biting in it. Why the hell didn't I bite someone as I stormed out the doors.

    It's VERY rock'n'roll and I love it!

     
  • At 29 June, 2006 12:04 , Blogger Imogen said...

    You can't bite shop people! I imagine bouncers are used to it, but dept store clerks?
    Probably not so much...

    Love T x x x

    And I didn't want to comment again lol, I was worried that you hadn't approved and had deleted my message- is that what they call an inferiority complex?
    Or just neurotic?

     
  • At 29 June, 2006 13:14 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    I replaced the hamstring with a rubber band. You know, one of those big sturdy ones that one could bungee with. I'll give it to Edna in place of her bonus when I've finished with it. I'm sure she'll be thrilled!

    Love, IDV xx

     
  • At 29 June, 2006 14:31 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Niiiice. I'm sure she'll love it!

    T x x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home