A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

When I first started uni, I spent more time drinking and getting lost than I did studying. Very little's changed of course, and I'm hardly alone in this.
Isn't that why people come to study in London? Well, I guess that and to escape the parents.

I got lost though because I'm totally missing the Navigation Chromosone. I'm missing a few others as well mind (my friend, who's like an encyclopedia when it comes to her daughter- think wannabe breeder explained me being gay as "the result of an aberrant chromosone". Or something. Look, I'm not the English student here, ok?), but in a good special way, rather than in a there-are-schools-to-teach-them-to-dress-themselves way. For instance, I can't work out/ remember how to programme a video player, but I can find my way home from anywhere in the city.
So the Navigation Issue is... well. Not such a one, really.

I got horribly horribly lost fairly recently and ended up on Old Street (I have no idea how I wound up here, but at least I wasn't slightly over to the left...), facing the Kingsland Road bit.

And....

Banksy spotting!

I would marry that man, no matter what he actually looks like. See! I'm not shallow!

T *Mwah*

2 Comments:

  • At 28 June, 2006 03:21 , Blogger Dinah said...

    I'm terrible at navigation. My problem comes from thinking North is always in front of me. Like, now, for instance, I would say I am facing north, but if I actually turn to look at the water (which helpfully has the word 'North' in its name), I would learn that I am, um...facing West. I think.

    At first I was going to agree, and that I totally would go to London to drink and study. But then I agreed further, and think that avoiding my parents would be another reason. Will nearly a full continent do, or should I go for the whole ocean?

     
  • At 28 June, 2006 11:59 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Everyone should come to London to drink and study and dance lots, even if they're originally from London.
    I do the same thing with the North, but this year my bedroom window faces...East, so the sun rises and I nearly go blind.
    Every morning, without fail.

    Love Toby x x x

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home