A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Monday, June 26, 2006

Always keen to try a new fad (a bit like Madonna's attitude to religion. All of them), I thought I'd have a worthy stab at taking over Im's blog.

When she vanished leaving behind strict instructions pinned to my laptop with blu tac and bits of other Post-it notes, I found the prospect thoroughly daunting and imagination and general mental capactity were far from forthcoming- think that point when you've been awake for over 35 hours and you feel fine, but then you try to apply reasoned logic to something (trust me, I'm a Philosophy student) you go into meltdown.
But now anyway I've had a fair few weeks to recover from recent exams (a cruel cruel practice) and from the shock of having been left in charge. The responsibility! And I know her password, oh yes.

I shouldn't abuse that, really.

Anyway, I haven't felt like this in ages - this particular brand of exhaustion, my mind still whizzing like the pages of a thesaurus, making the keyboard an extension of myself where my hands know the keys before I can even think of which ones to press, images sharpened by habit to a crystal clarity within my head.

I've missed it, that's all.

Now, if I could just stop the bits of tv shocker 'The L Word' from drifting from lesbian housemates' room and invading my thought process things would be wonderful.

Toby x x x

1 Comments:

  • At 26 June, 2006 23:59 , Blogger Dinah said...

    I've enjoyed your stepping in very much...do you have any more stories??

    I enjoyed keeping a blog way more than I thought I would. I think it's partly because It's a good way to write and be focused, but only focused on what I want to write on. And the feeling of writing something good and knowing that it's good is the same whether it's for an essay or for an audience.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home