A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Sunday, June 18, 2006

So I live with a handful of my closest friends (and one of their charmless girlfriends), but tonight I'm not feeling particularly warm and snuggly towards them in an entirely platonic fashion, because they've abandoned me.

Yes, that's right. Abandoned me.

Way to make a girl feel good about a) this happy little incident, b) quite possibly probably being in love with Joel, who sleeps in my bed but does no more than sleep sleep with me, and c) having a fairly big thing for Rosie, but her being straight.

My love life's a mess.

Being all alone and feeling decidely unloved means I have two choices; I can curl up on the couch in pyjamas and watch re-runs of Friends and eat excessive amounts of ice-cream and digestive biscuits, or I can put on slut clothes, tame my hair and go out dancing.

-------------------

And now it's twenty minutes to one, and I've been debating going out alone for maybe two hours now. Except I'm full of ice-cream and bad tv, and think I might throw up if I start dancing- also, going out unchaperoned makes me nervous, which makes me smoke to much, which makes me feel ill, which might make the ice-cream revisit and I don't want that.

Oh yes, and I spent my most recent guilt cheque on these- I have no self control to speak of *looks guiltily at empty ice-cream tub* which means I'm feeling somewhat broke and might not be able to afford to keep up the rigorous demands of my lovely nicotine addiction.

So I'm going to stay put, which is probably a blessing as there's a music documentary I wouldn't want to miss in about ten minutes, and I seem to be one of an ever decreasing minority in that I haven't the first idea how to set the dvd player to record.

Oh god, tv's replacing casual sex in my life.

1 Comments:

  • At 18 June, 2006 17:25 , Blogger Clarissa said...

    Good for you. I often end up downing an entire bottle of wine by myself if left to my own devices and then not even remembering the crap tv that kept me company! Love the shoes, by the way. They are very cute. I recently bought a pair with a flower on the toe of each shoe. The remind me of these. Cute girlish.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home