A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Friday, June 16, 2006

Boarding school lessons

My High School leavers book begins with about twenty pages of photos. A few pages in, there are pictures of my friends with their boyfriends; all but two of those have the words 'three and a half minutes without a break, yeassss!' written above or below, in various different breeds of handwriting and pen, with varying degrees of accurate spelling.

I stared at it for a while waiting for comprehension to kick in, before giving up and calling for help.

"Yeah, we used to time kisses, don't you remember?" Charlotte said, sounding more comfortable with the idea that there was any need for.
"No! How!?"
"We'd put our arms round their neck, carefully crossed so we could see our watch.. How could you forget? I practiced on you!"
"Well, it can't have been that memorable an experience, can it?"

But seriously, I think it's probably best that I forget it- the thought makes me cringe.

2 Comments:

  • At 17 June, 2006 01:38 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    Ah! So those boarding school rumours are true!

    Right. I must get myself a boyfriend to practice marathon kisses - Actually, doesn't even have to be a boyfriend. Just an eligible man will do...

     
  • At 18 June, 2006 02:31 , Blogger Imogen said...

    *grins*

    Believe EVERYTHING you hear about boarding school girls, it'll save time.

    Marathon kissing aside, I have to agree that an eligible gentleman (or fair lady, you know me lol, I'm not picky) would be perfectly welcome here as well.

    :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home