A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A handful of new aims for the near future come to light

I just had a flick through my sitemeter, and Ellie told me as well, and it turns out I'm in a blogflux directory. Now, is this an automatic blogger thing, or did I sign up for it?

Anyway, my blog tags are-
Fabulousness,
Knickers,
Drunken antics,
Sexuality,
Literature.

OK now, what? I am not, as such, happy about these- I can't even remember the last time I used the word fabulous (although it's now on my To Use list, along with the word 'daft,' courtesy of Dinah), and I haven't done a post about knickers, despite the temptation.

But I think I might.

I can barely even remember sex- and being told to find other creative outlets amuses me not.

Joel simply has to leave. Soon. OK, he's only been here for about two weeks, but I want my bed and my sex life back- and I'm going off to visit my parents in a few weeks, so hopefully he'll have gone by then. Having sex whilst in my parents' house just isn't quite right.

I should probably talk more about literature, since it's my subject and all, but.. It's my subject. So I don't really want to. Although I could post endless rants about how very much I hate Chaucer, or explain how when I'm being chatted up by anyone too terribly boring but fit I run the first act of Othello through my head at high speed.

If I'm still sober by the end or they're still talking then I give up on it.

Is that horrible abuse of an absolutely fabulous play?

7 Comments:

  • At 15 June, 2006 00:07 , Blogger Dinah said...

    Yay! My blog has influence...

    I like all of your things, especially literature. It's definitely one of the most accurate ones, but sort of like "one of these things is not like the other..."

     
  • At 15 June, 2006 00:08 , Blogger Dinah said...

    I almost forgot to say how much I hate Chaucer. HAAAAAAATE (especially wife of bath).

     
  • At 15 June, 2006 00:26 , Blogger Imogen said...

    No! The whole point of the word verification fandango is so I don't get spammed! I'm not, as such, impressed. And I don't need medicine- apart from maybe hayfever tablets that work.. how do you get better spam comments than me, Dinah?

     
  • At 15 June, 2006 02:18 , Blogger Snooze said...

    I don't understand the Chaucer hatred. I LOVE Chaucer. Way ahead of our time. Strong female characters. The Miller's Tale is a laugh. What's wrong with the Wife of Bath? 5 husbands in the grave as a result of her voracious sexual appetite - much better than the subsequent years of Romeo and Juliet repressed romantic crap.

     
  • At 15 June, 2006 02:19 , Blogger Snooze said...

    PS something is seriously wrong with this world if you aren't getting lots of opportunities to get laid. Get out there!

     
  • At 15 June, 2006 05:24 , Blogger Clarissa said...

    I like your fabulous use of the word fabulous at the end of your post. Fabulous way to close the circle.

    I think you must have sigend up for either Blogflux or Personal Blog Top Sites. They're sisters.

    x, e

     
  • At 15 June, 2006 06:39 , Blogger Devine Dora said...

    OMG! We got the same Spam comment. I hope that wasn't a nasty side-effect from this red rash. I hope to god you didn't catch that spam from my blog.

    Now go free and have sex!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home