A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Elf Update

I know this is in no way shape or form a real job, but I can't help feeling blue about my future in the employment sector- understandable I think, since I'm currently being paid minimum wage to stand on a rotating barrel enticing people with my scantily clad self to panic buy stuff they will never in a million years need or use. Trust me on this- one may WANT a bath bomb with letters inside it (seasonally called "letters to Santa") but one will never actually use it, as one knows from experience that the letters don't dissolve into lovely smelling goo, but remain whole and stick in ones hair- it naturally ensues that one will then go to a party thinking one looks fab, then realise upon waking up hungover next morning that one has spent the entire party with the letter "M" stuck in pink on the back of ones head.
Not that I speak from personal experience, of course.
*cough*
But I wish my flatmates would take the picture down from the front door now- small hope though; my smashing Alec flatmate is talking about having it framed.
But back to the job; my boss bought me a pack of Lemsippy goodness yesterday. I started to thank him, until "It just doesn't look good if the Enticing Elf has a wad of used tissues tucked up her sleeve." Which is a fair enough point, but I'm not sure Lemsip is quite the thing for hypothermia; since wangling this job for myself I've developed an addiction to the weather channel, and am quite the supporter of global warming.

78 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home