A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

News just in..

I just walked into the big mirror in Topshop. I just didn't recognise myself- surely a bad sign.
I was on my mobile, and I saw me walking towards me and thought 'Ooh, I like her shoes.. ah, s'all good, I'm sure she'll move in a minute.' End of thought.
No. I did not.
As the nice and ultra pretty sales lady helped me to my feet, she said 'I've worked here for over a year now, and thats the first time I've seen anyone walk into the mirror.'
As I stomped out nursing my various bruises and damaged confidence, I realise I left my phone on the shop floor.
Do I go back and get it? No- I hijacked the nearest lovely person and begged them to fetch it.
I think the kindness of strangers may be underestimated. He even bought me coffee- I may have a date with him for tomorrow.

79 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home