A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Friday, December 02, 2005

Extravagant Purchase of the Week Award

This week’s Extravagant Purchase Award goes to the Take That tickets I bought at the behest of my little sister- apparently Jason Orange is, like, sooo cute!
I really should learn to say no. I’ve never been a fan of Take That; I was always more of a Spice Girls fan myself- living proof that small children really do have no taste, and possess a pack identity that knows no bounds. There were those who listened to Steps on their tape walkmans and those who listened to the Spice Girls, and never the twain would meet- until about a year later, when it was universally decided by the primary school sisterhood that girl groups were soo frightfully childish. And then we moved on to… I hate to say this, but *cringe* Shania Twain.
But my old time pack identity isn’t the point of this post, so back to the rather more dubious tastes of my sister. It only took her a half hour of begging followed by the subtly worded threat of telling my parents about the Prostitute Incident before I agreed to buy the bloody tickets. Not being a Take That fan, I didn’t realise Fiona’s silence would cost me more than £300.
Not happy.
But at least I’ve found a home for the Jason Orange cardboard figure. Which is a plus.

So as part of my Absolutely Must Save Money drive, I’m staying in this weekend- although this isn’t entirely a bad thing, as tonight’s entertainment was supposed to be a Fame themed party, and my pink glittery leg warmers are nowhere to be seen. Plus I have even less desire to see fat people in hot pants than I do to go see Take That. And the partys being hosted by a rather ex-girlfriend who does insist on inviting me to party things. I sent J, along with my compliments.
Silver lining.


UPDATE: Flatmate Alec accompanied boyfriend J, uninvited and inviteless, to the party- drawn, I suspect, by the pervasive scent of cheap perfume and rumours of an open bar. Two hours after my abandonment, my AbFabSwankyNew pink phone went off. Flicking it open, I was faced with a horrendous photo- subject matter and focus, of a Larger Lady wearing hotpants.
I'm beginning to see a trend, and the pictures are becoming more numerous as more people arrive and as he gets ever drunker.
Downward spiral.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home