A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Monday, December 05, 2005

The Fickleness of Men

I recently referred to someone I distantly know as "lovely". Word got back to him rather quickly, and now he wants to sleep with me- completely lacking in subtlety, and wielding minimal charm.
"Hey beautiful, I want to get to know you better. Come to dinner with me? x"
I wouldn't refer to it as a bombardment of text messages and phone calls exactly, but there's certainly been quite a few.
Hmm.
I have a new pair of shoes that I'm simply dying to wear.
Should I go?

3 Comments:

  • At 06 December, 2005 19:51 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    I would say "go". But don't sleep with him. Unless he's so lovely you just can't help yourself. But even then, don't. Except if he's even more lovely than you remember. But still don't.

    Hmmm... I'm a tad indecisive. Wait for someone else to advise you. Don't listen to me!

    And don't leave your shoes behind in a Cinderella Moment (now, she was a silly girl).

     
  • At 06 December, 2005 22:25 , Blogger MuppetLord said...

    Hmm...but you only distantly know him. I say no.

     
  • At 06 December, 2005 22:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hmmm... no. take your shoes out instead! Shoe power!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home