A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Monday, December 19, 2005

C'est la vie

So, my boyfriend took me out to dinner last night- saying he hadn't forgotten that I'm not a fan of eating out, but this was a special occasion. Terrified thoughts of shiny rings and actual commitment flitting round in my head- and dreading looming singletonhood- I wandered into the restaurant in my glad rags, dressed up to the nines; might as well go out on a good note, right?
Half way through the meal he slid his hand across the table, accidentally revealing That Old Tattoo* and a pair of plane tickets to Paris. I let out an undignified squeal and...
When I got back to the flat I turned everything upside down and inside out hunting for my passport, and found it stashed inside a shoe box, along with a pair of unworn and previously forgotten boots and a packet of juggling balls.
"Fuuuuck!"I said, and knocked an ever present cup of coffee flying.
It expires in March, and it turns out one needs six months valid time in order to travel- I've been meaning to update it for quite some time now, after That Incident where I had issues getting through customs after a swift visit to Greece and North Cyprus.
Now, exactly how do I tell him, and where will I have to take him in return? Please not Bournemouth, Please not Aberdeen, Please not Swansea, Please not Scarsborough.
Hmmm.


*He has a teeny tiny tattoo on his wrist of his one time girlfriends name. Apparently she bullied him into it, but I'm not so sure about this; it sounds a tad too much like pet ownership to me- identichipping, and the like. But I am, of course, completely fine with my boyfriend having the name 'Patricia' tattooed into his wrist. Of course.

4 Comments:

  • At 20 December, 2005 09:45 , Blogger Inexplicable DeVice said...

    Take him to a James Bond Villain's secret lair and use the obligatory giant laser to burn That Tattoo from his skin.

    I mean, Patricia (unless it was Hodge or Routledge - then Fabulous, although somewhat worrying).

     
  • At 21 December, 2005 21:41 , Blogger Tabby Rabbit said...

    Well, what happened are you going to Paris? When?

    A tattoo on the wrist does sound a bit like tagging / using a branding iron. There *must* be something you can get 'Patricia' changed into (goes off to get pencil and work out conundrum-fashion)

     
  • At 22 December, 2005 11:16 , Blogger Imogen said...

    But 'Patricia' into 'Imogen' seems a bit difficult- believe me, I've spent long nights armed with a felt tip trying to change it. If you have any ideas let me know- I have yet to buy his Christmas present, so having this tatt modified might just do it...

     
  • At 23 December, 2005 02:25 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A simple black band around said wrist would suffice methinks medearie. How does that sound?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home