A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Friday, November 03, 2006

Dating Mick Jagger

She came up to me in the bar and caught me staring after him as he left. "Like, omigod, he is so cute!"
I remembered to close my mouth, and giggled. I fell into a nasty giggling habit during high school and have spent the last few years trying to work it out of my system- six months ago I'd have said, I'm Not a Giggler (not to be confused with me saying I'm Not a Smoker, which is an entirely different kettle of fish) but times change.
"I know."
"Have you... I mean, have you got a photo?" I nodded, blushing slightly- blushing at the drop of a hat came part and parcel with the whole giggling thing. "Um," she went on, "do you think I could have it?"
"I beg your pardon?" I spluttered, spraying a mouthful of Cosmopolitan across the bar.
"And could he... Well, would you get him to sign it for me?"
"Forgive me if I'm right, but you want a signed photo of my boyfriend?"

I told Stuart later. "Well, can you blame her?" he asked, stretching lazily on the couch, black shirt unbuttoned. "I mean, I am quite attractive."
He caught me staring and I felt myself turn pink. "Do you want a drink sweetie?" I asked, fleeing to the relative safety of the kitchen area."
He waited for me to come back, before "You know, I quite like this blushing thing you've got going on these days."

78 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home