A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Friday, May 05, 2006

Kitten today, sock eating monstrosity tomorrow



The kitten has grown. Just look at it! It's really rather immense. Turn your back for a weeks worth of hungover self-pity and this happens.
"What on earth has it been eating?" I asked, slightly hysterically, looking through the fridge.
"No furniture's gone missing," called my Alec Flatmate from the next room, "and my socks are all present and correct- you might want to check your wardrobe though."
Good lord. I imagine there are parents out there who feel the same about their children- is this what they mean when they say children grow up so quickly?
I don't call eighteen years quick though- I'd rather have a cat; but I haven't found any missing clothes yet, so this might change.

I realise it's not quite on the same scale, but it's the closest I'm ever going to get to the whole 'real parenthood' thing- and I really am a remarkably bad cat parent, so thats probably a plus.

*blinks*

Anyone like to take a stab at whether it's a boycat or a girlcat? I really have no idea, but I have a feeling it's something I should know.

3 Comments:

  • At 07 May, 2006 07:16 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When I was a kid my mom and me used to take care of a pigeon and its family. If nothing else, my mom used to say, that they were more accurate than an alarm clock! Maybe you could 'explore' to find out if the kitten-no-longer is a boycat or a girl cat! :)

     
  • At 07 May, 2006 23:39 , Blogger Fuckkit said...

    Lack of bollocks would suggest its a girl unless its had its bollocks surgically removed.

    Did you have anything removed from it when it was still a kitten?

     
  • At 09 May, 2006 11:25 , Blogger Imogen said...

    GS, thanks for dropping in!
    Fuckkit- glad you got back safely from your travels about the north! And it's a rescue kitten, so I suspect it is no longer as other men on the trouser department.
    If it's a boycat, that is.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home