A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A Series of Unfortunate Events 1

Over the last ten days I have-
- Gotten a black eye*
- And 3 piercings in the same ear, which, when combined with the black eye means that I can't sleep as both sides of my head hurt.
- Been to the doctors once, and been treated like a leper after expressing my concern for my mystery illness using Doctor Who jargon.
- Lost faith in the wise face of medicine, when he asked me if Spectrox Toxemia was "some kind of STD".
- Caused my boyfriend to get stopped in the street by two erstwhile unknown university people helpfully offering directions to nearby sexual health clinics.
- Broken four plates; I have a feeling that we'll soon have tin-and-polka-dot plates to match the cups, if I keep going at this rate.
- Been asked for directions to the London eye. This by a group of identically dressed overweight 13 year olds at 11pm
- Seen either Mr. T or a very good look alike wondering around Islington.
- Had four stitches in my palm, as result of alcohol induced idiocy; I was trying to pick up the pieces of a broken glass and lost my balance and fell on it. Yes, I know.
- I have looked at the forms for part time supermarket jobs that my charming and thoughtful boyfriend decided to pick up for me. And sulked. And then giggled, for about two hours- the Tesco application form is sheer hilarity in itself.
- Babysat for the Freakishly Maternal Lady across the hall far more often than I'm comfortable with- especially as, since I've been poorly, her children decided to make me a jelly rabbit. Which was all very well and good, as I'm not a one to turn my nose up at freely offered food, except they'd sprinkled glitter on it,. And it was black- god only knows how they managed that; is there such a thing as black food colouring? I have mental images of them patiently colouring it in with a black marker pen.
- Forgotten completely about the birthdays of two close friends, despite being invited to their respective parties. But fortunately being able to turn down party invites, due to my Spectrox Toxemia- for the modern age, of course.
- Just heard that my aunt, who lives in Hackney, wants me to babysit for my 7 year old cousin overnight on saturday.

All in all, this isn't turning out to be my best month, even if I have seen Mr T**. Roll on November!

*Update- as predicted, it lost all comedy value pretty rapidly, since its currently green and puffy, and is making me look like I'm in the early stages of leprosy.
** Where is he living these days? If its London I definitely saw him.

4 Comments:

  • At 02 November, 2005 08:55 , Blogger Lee said...

    Good lord, you have been through the wars. You poor thing!

     
  • At 02 November, 2005 12:39 , Blogger MuppetLord said...

    sod...you deleted the post which had my comment on. Anyhow take 2:

    Surely the pain would be on one side, not both.

     
  • At 02 November, 2005 17:46 , Blogger Imogen said...

    Oh, no- I didn't make this very clear but the new piercing collection is on the left and the bruise- which is now green and not dissimilar to leprosy, is on the right side. But I've had it for a week- surely it'll go soon?

     
  • At 02 November, 2005 20:20 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aww - still, you seem to be able to see the funny side of things. I especially like the jelly story.

    Je ne sais quoi
    http://operationphoenix.journalspace.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home