A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Monday, October 03, 2005

an ominous beginning

I had my first (and quite possibly last, for the foreseeable future, at least) driving lesson today, despite not actually having applied for my provisional licence yet. The wonderful Dylan bravely offered to teach me- all i have to say on the subject is that i really am sorry, but at least this proves my point; one really should learn to go forwards before going backwards. I mean, why? Running before you can crawl, springs to mind.
In other news, it looks like employment is on the horizon, despite my long held desire to avoid this. My very own mildly pretentious Jerome returned from holidaying (is that word grammatically plausible?) with his parents this morning- his plane landed at 6am, he squelched through the door at 8 clutching a rose that had undoubtedly seen better days, a bottle of vodka, his passport and several application forms for part time supermarket jobs. Apparently, these are all the things he needs to live off for a week, until the rest of his paraphernalia arrives. I blithely and naively assumed the gaudy Tesco and Sainsburys forms were for him, but of course not.
Whilst quietly fuming about this necessary injustice- over coffee and baklava, of course (possibly the very best thing about visiting my family is this delightful and not always looked for side effect; they tell me i'm thin, which is nice, and sent me on my way with lots of food) i found this nifty little internet site- when i find it again i'll link it, but my Pirate Name is Olga Charity Rothbone. Who says those vital years at uni are a waste of time?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home