A Melodrama Of Manners

"The only way to guarantee attention in this day and age," he said, "is to ensure that you will be wearing the biggest hat in the room."

Sunday, October 09, 2005

just desserts?

After a hard night i spent most of the afternoon watching channel four- i forgot to pay the sky bill, so we're newly stuck with the bare minimum, channelwise, which is a pity as my usual entertainment for Sundays is Toonami (but more on that at a later date; i might write a haiku in honour of its fabulousness). I watched the Hollyoaks omnibus, then various other things i've never even heard of- so maybe it really was, as Alec says, a good thing that i was scared away by an advert. Is it really necessary to show footage of Brittney kissing her husband on daytime tv? Night vision footage really isn't the most flattering of things- no matter how badly i wanted to be green when i was a child, something my mother swears i didn't grow out of till i was well into double figures. I think it was the closeup shot of the chewing gum in her mouth that did it though, and now i'm refusing to watch anymore bad daytime tv, as adverts appear to have progressed since my misspent youth. Plus, i broke the last of the coffee mugs in my horrified lunge for the off button- Naomi threw the remote out a while ago, ostensibly because she felt it was bad for her fish- and spilt coffee on one of my beautiful new red glittery boots.
I appear to be the only person mourning this event however; I'm told they were a bad idea in the first place, but i refuse to agree and i really would have appreciated some sympathy.
On another not entirely unrelated note, thats the fifth cup i've broken in the last two weeks, and now the last of the lot. Maybe plastic cups are in order? It'll have to wait till i get paid on Wednesday, so plenty of time to decide. We've had to resort to drinking out of flower pots until then, something thats making me terribly popular, but at least we managed to salvage 5- just enough for one each; I'm not decorating mine however, as I'm sure something'll happen to destroy it, and I wouldn't want to become too attached.

EDIT: I've just been given one of those plastic, completley unbreakable baby cups. It has Noddy characters on it, which may be its only drawback, but i think the fact that I can also knock it over without it spilling on anything else is marvellous and completely outweighs this point.

RE-EDIT: Fine. Alecs just ruined my excitement, by reminding me that it was the Freakishly Maternal Lady who gave me this present. So, it's highly likely it came straight from a small child- i have to admit, this is a horribly plausible idea; this is, after all, the same lady who left me several bottles of breast milk the first time i ever baby sat for her. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home